Sunday, May 20, 2012

Join the fun!

I have a variety of postcards to share with you today. And for those of you who enjoy this blog but who do not swap postcards yourself, go to www.postcrossing.com to get in on the fun. Another good site for swapping postcards and many other items is www.swapbot.com. You too can find delightful surprises in your mailbox!

Here's another map card to add to my collection. This one is from sunny Portugal.


From Taiwan I received this scene from the 2011 movie "Warriors of the Rainbow: Seediq Bale".


This reproduction of an old cover of J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit" came from The Netherlands.


I love old travel posters. This one reminds us to always wear white gloves when traveling.


The Cathedral of the Resurrection in St. Petersburg, Russia, otherwise known as "church in a jar".


I'm not sure what is happening in this Japanese painting. It looks like one of the Scrabble players took entirely too long to make a move and sent the other two players completely over the edge.


I want to end today on a calmer note. The translation of the writing on this card is "Everything will be all right", and if the picture doesn't give you the warm fuzzies then I give up.


1 comment:

Postcard Blogger said...

great set of postcards! I love the book "The Hobbit"