Sunday, May 06, 2012

Garden party

Here's an adorable Inge Löök card I recently got from Finland. Don't these two ladies look like they're having a great time? I like the little railway track that runs around the table delivering hors oeuvres. I want one of those for my dining table.


Remember My Fair Lady with Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison? One of the all-time great musicals. This card was sent to me from Belarus. I MUST get a hat like Audrey's.


Don't you just hate it when you go to a movie and the theater is really crowded?


Of course if you don't feel like going to the movies, you can just stay home and make your own music, as in this painting by John White Alexander (American, 1856-1915). The lady on the right prefers hip-hop and is very bored.


Or maybe she's just hungry, and wondering why the Chinese food delivery is taking so long.


I'm going to finish up today with a really beautiful card that I received from Western Siberia. What with the angels and all, it has a sort of Christmas-y feel to it.

No comments: