Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Stop staring at me!!

There have been eyes staring in the window at me lately, and little voices asking when another blog entry will be posted. They are creeping me out, so I will post an entry today. Wouldn't you, if you looked up and saw this?


Let's see, it's mid-October already. How did that happen? Reminds me of a post card I saw many years ago with this caption: "The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get."

On to some images! 

If you are having trouble sleeping, it may be the fairies and goblins hovering round your bed. Or that giant-sized moon shining right in your window. Considering what all she has to put up with, this young lady seems to be sleeping quite contentedly. She must have taken a pill.

 This is a 1945 photograph of lightning striking the tip of the Empire State Building. Pretty cool, huh?


Ah, one of my very favorite places: Monument Valley, Utah. This photo was taken by Ansel Adams in 1950. It's still unusual to see color photos by Adams, since he is associated so closely with black & white photography.

The Moorish Warrior by William Merritt Chase, painted about 1876.  This particular warrior is the inventor of the Band-Aid, for obvious reasons.

Another Halloween card to finish off today. Don't look at this too long or you will dream of demented pumpkins tonight.

More soon - honest!


No comments: