Thursday, March 24, 2011

Frog Days

We are in the Frog Days of winter here in Oregon.  Every day it either rains or threatens to.  However the leaves and buds are starting to peek out. I'm hoping they know something we don't: that someday the sun will shine again.

I read recently that the U.S. Postal Service is losing money each year, so I'm going to do my part by resuming THE GREAT POSTCARD EXCHANGE on www.postcrossing.com. And you, dear reader, will get to see the results. Lucky you!

I relate personally to the card below. I think it explains my personality very well.

Despite my best intentions to be like a kitten (energetic, curious, excited by anything new) I always seem to be more of a turtle. Go ahead, say whatever you want. It can't hurt me. I have a very hard shell.


Does anyone remember 1972?  Unfortunately, I do.  If you were in Montreal at the time and drove up the Rue Peel, this is what you would have seen.

That Volkswagen is still parked in the same spot and the police are getting darn tired of it. It will be towed any day now.

How about something a little sunnier?  And in such an unexpected place - Russia!


This is a view of the Moika River, which is only 40 miles long. It encircles the central part of St. Petersburg. Did you know that St. Petersburg is called "The Venice of the North"?  The city is built almost entirely on a series of over 40 islands.

Many famous people have been associated with St. Petersburg over the centuries. For example, the Russian actress Vera Fyodorovna Komissarzhevskaya was born there in 1864. I hope she didn't have to write her name on her gym shoes.


I'm sure there was a reason for the next picture, but I'm not sure what it was.



It's just dying for a caption, isn't it? However, this photo leaves me nearly speechless, so it will remain unlabeled. I'm just glad I wasn't there.

I'm really more of a cat person, but if you'd like to see some very cute and funny dog photos, check out these on the AnimalSpace site.

My intention is to post regularly to this blog, but you know, that turtle-ish thing and all.....









No comments: